The WELS Hymnal Project invites feedback on its initial decision about which of our currently-published hymns (Christian Worship and Christian Worship: Supplement) will be kept for the new hymnal and which will be cut.
Our current list of hymns is published in nine segments. Each segment indicates which hymns are designated to be kept and which are designated to be cut. Each segment includes a feedback form where we invite you to indicate any hymns (up to ten) from those designated to be cut that you would like to see kept.
This lists were published in concurrence with a series of nine monthly articles published in Forward in Christ.
- Advent-Transfiguration (1-97, 701-712)
- Lent-Easter (98-175, 713-722)
- Pentecost-Opening of Service (176-232, 723-731)
- Worship and Praise-Baptism (233-301, 732-737)
- Confession and Absolution-Justification (302-401,738-754)
- Faith-Trust (402-451,755-769)
- Commitment-Christian Home (452-507, 770-773)
- Christian Education-Missions (507-579, 774-778)
- Morning-Canticles (580-623, 779-788)
Each list has a feedback form for indicating hymns you would like to see kept. To make additional comments on a specific hymn, click below.
Cut Hymns Comment Form